Available to qualified Columbus City School students, Advantage Academy enables students to take college courses - and earn an associate degree in Web Graphic Design - all while still in high school.
- Dual enrollment. Take both college and high school courses throughout your junior and senior year of high school. Students accepted into the program will attend DeVry University classes at the Columbus Campus.
- Accelerated education. Get a head start on your college education and your career. You can graduate high school with a diploma and an associate degree in Web Graphic Design.
- Eligible college-level courses at no tuition cost. Tuition, books and technology charges for all eligible courses are paid for by the Columbus City Schools and DeVry University.
- Professional educators. DeVry University professors ensure a top-notch education.
- Personalized support. From university services, library and lab access, tutoring, and mentoring, you can get the individualized support you need.
- Experiential learning. Our solid curriculum has been developed with industry input so you'll learn the skills needed to bridge the gap between high school and college and the working world.
- Continuous learning. Once you earn an associate degree through Advantage Academy, you can continue your university education. Earn a bachelor's degree from DeVry University or contact another college or university to inquire about transfer credit options.
To be eligible to apply for the DeVry University Columbus Advantage Academy, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Columbus City School student who is a high school sophomore in good standing.
- Have a minimum high school cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and a 90% attendance rate.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in applying, you'll need to complete the following steps:
- Attend an information session with a parent or guardian
- Complete the Advantage Academy application
- Meet enrollment standards of DeVry University's admissions test
- Demonstrate completion of course prerequisites
- Submit completed recommendation forms
To learn more about DeVry University Columbus Advantage Academy, including information session dates, please contact:
DeVry University Community Outreach office at 614-257-4600 to speak to a representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.