On Campus Employment
We coordinate employment services for students who would prefer the convenience of working on-campus. Student Assistant, Faculty Assistant, Technical Assistant, and Co-op positions are available in various offices throughout DeVry University.
Student employees can take advantage of the following:
- reserved parking
- semesterly award ceremonies
- increased academic focus
- scheduling flexibility
Types of Positions
Student employees can take advantage of the following positions:
- Student Assistants (SAs) provide assistance to various staff members throughout DeVry through administrative support. SAs need to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and provide one faculty/staff recommendation. Student Assistants begin at $7.40 per hour.
- Faculty Assistants (FAs) provide assistance to faculty and students by acting as lab aids, tutors, and graders. FAs need to maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and provide two faculty recommendations. Faculty Assistants begin at $7.40 per hour and those who are 6th semester or above start at $8.00 per hour.
- Tutors provide assistance to students in various subjects. They need to maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and provide two faculty recommendations. Tutors must receive an A or B in any course they wish to tutor. All tutors are required to achieve CRLA certification through training sessions and tutoring experience. Tutors begin at $7.40 per hour and those who are 6th semester or above start at $8.00 per hour.
- Co-op positions require a high degree of responsibility and have high job expectations. These positions differ greatly among the different departments. The number of Co-op positions available on campus is limited. Co-ops need to maintain a 3.0 GPA and provide two faculty/staff recommendations. These positions start at $8.50 per hour.
- Technical Assistants (TAs) work in the lab stockroom or help desk departments. TAs are required to have excellent technial knowledge. They need to maintain a 3.0 GPA. These positions start at $8.50 per hour.
How to Apply
Students can pick up an application and recommendation forms in Academic Success Center. The application will be reviewed for completeness and qualifications will be verified. Then, the application will be forwarded to the appropriate office based on qualifications and student preference. Please see Jenny Kaselak, Director of Academic Success Center, with any questions or to follow-up on an application.